Poppy Seed Cranberry Bread Recipe
I make poppy seed bread about once a month. So one Christmas, I decided to make it a little more festive by stirring in some cranberries. My family loved the colorful addition. Cindy Harmon, Stuarts Draft, Virginia
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk, butter, vanilla and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over cooled loaf. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Poppy Seed Cranberry Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p42
Reviews for Poppy Seed Cranberry Bread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review