Poppy Seed Citrus Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, orange juice and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in the poppy seeds, lemon and orange peel.
- 2. Pour into a well-greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Sprinkle with lemon and orange peels. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 369 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.