Poppy Seed Citrus Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, orange juice and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in the poppy seeds, lemon and orange peel.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Sprinkle with lemon and orange peel. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Citrus Cake(5)
Sort By :
Moist, very delicious. Loved by my craft group this morning.
My family loves lemon so making this for a mothers day brunch was a no brainer. Excellent the only ingredient I added was some Penzy pure lemon extract to the cake batted and glaze.
My family loves this cake, they ask for it all the time. My 17 year old who does not like cake even ask me to make it.
What a lovely summer cake! I made it without poppy seeds and it was just delicious. My husband loved it and took a slice in his lunch every day till it was gone! Then he asked me to make more.
Minus the poppy seeds, we call this Orange Cooler Cake. It's been a family favorite for 30 yrs!!!!