- In another bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of
- tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through
- the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest
- rack at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until top springs back when
- lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Run a
- knife around edge and center tube of pan. Invert cake onto a serving
- For frosting, beat butter and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, extract and enough milk to achieve desired
- consistency. Frost cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 438 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.