Poppy Seed Chiffon Bundt Cake Recipe
This terrific cake recipe was given to me by my grandchild. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, soak poppy seeds in hot water for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, oil, vanilla and poppy seeds with water. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended.
- 3. In another large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- 4. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 5. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 306 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC