Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, almonds, onion, cranberries and celery. Stir in the pasta. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
"Great salad for anytime. I made this for moms who came for a lunch play date and they all took the recipe. It is a lot of flavor and they all blend so well."
"This is the best pasta salad I've ever had. I used a shredded rotisserie chicken instead of chicken breast. My family raved about it!"
"Great for lunch on a hot summer day."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.