Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, almonds, onion, cranberries and celery. Stir in the pasta. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 315 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.