This attractive, chilled salad captures the lively flavor of the season in a snap. Renee Glowe of Clayton, Wisconsin combines tangy cranberries with pasta and toasted almonds for a standout dish.
- 2/3 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, almonds, onion, cranberries and celery. Stir in the pasta. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p60
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review