Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute mushrooms until tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, sour cream and pimientos.
- 2. Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and topping is browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 619 calories, 41g fat (19g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
"This is so Delicious!!"
"I amped this up a little bit. I added onion and garlic to the mushrooms, omitted the pimentos, added some thyme and nutmeg to the mushrooms and onions when I was cooking them, after I added the chicken I put some white wine in to reduce it, and then added some dried chives. Had it with a baked potato and it was DELICIOUS!"
"Yes, this is an easy and quick meal. I did not use the pimentos or mushrooms, but I did add onions. I served this over rice."