Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute mushrooms until tender. Stir in the chicken, soup, sour cream and pimientos.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and topping is browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Chicken in Reminisce September/October 1992, p49
Reviews for Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2013
Yes, this is an easy and quick meal. I did not use the pimentos or mushrooms, but I did add onions. I served this over rice.