Poppy Seed Cheese Bread Recipe
In her Walkersville, Maryland kitchen, Marianne Kmiecik easily dresses up Italian bread with cheese, Dijon mustard and a hint of lemon juice. "Try it alongside your favorite soup or serve it as a crowd-pleasing appetizer," she says.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut bread into 1-in. slices to within 1/4 in. of bottom. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, poppy seeds and onion. Spread over each slice of bread; sprinkle cheese between the slices.
- Place the loaf in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p55
Reviews for Poppy Seed Cheese Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review