Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Recipe
Since this moist cake keeps so well, you can make it the day before serving. It freezes beautifully, too. Flavored with almond extract and poppy seeds, it's great for taking to a picnic or potluck or to present as a hostess gift.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, poppy seeds, extracts and flavoring. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Bundt Cake in Country Woman November/December 2004, p29
Reviews for Poppy Seed Bundt Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review