Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
This cake tastes so old-fashioned, you might be tempted not to tell anyone it starts with a mix! A hint of coconut and the tender texture make it simply scrumptious. All you need to dress it up is a dusting of powdered sugar.
Oswego, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil,
- eggs and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium
- for 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut and poppy seeds.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 48-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 255 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.