- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Add the eggs, milk, oil and extracts. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes. Cool completely in pans.
- In a saucepan, bring glaze ingredients to a boil. Pour over bread in pans. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forPoppy Seed Bread
"We love this deliciously moist bread. It great to give as gifts!!"
"Very yummy bread, super moist!"
"This is wonderful! My neighbor made it for us and I got the recipes and have been making it ever since!!"
"I substitute lemon extract for almond. I have been making this for years and given it to teachers at Christmas and they love it. People always request the recipe."
"Have always loved this recipie.. Have had for many years.. One of the BEST!"
"This is an excellent recipe. I have been making it for years. Everyone loves it and asks for the recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us."