Poppy Seed Bread Mix Recipe
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (16 cups total).
- 2. To prepare one loaf: In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Add 4 cups bread mix; stir just until moistened.
- 3. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf per batch.
1 slice: 188 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Poppy Seed Bread Mix
"Prepared per recipe -very dry; will try again with remaining mix after researching HOW MUCH & WHAT to add"