- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Add the eggs, milk, oil and extracts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes. Cool completely in pans.
- In a saucepan, bring glaze ingredients to a boil. Pour over bread in pans. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Bread
Sort By :
"I substitute lemon extract for almond. I have been making this for years and given it to teachers at Christmas and they love it. People always request the recipe."
"Have always loved this recipie.. Have had for many years.. One of the BEST!"
"This is an excellent recipe. I have been making it for years. Everyone loves it and asks for the recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us."