Poppy Seed Blueberry Bread Recipe
"This was the first bread I made that my husband said was a 'keeper'," relates Jennifer Miller of Avon, Indiana. Poppy seeds and lemon peel perk up the flavor of these moist mini loaves while drizzled glaze sweetens their tops.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) blueberry muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Drain and rinse blueberries from muffin mix; set aside. In a bowl, combine the muffin mix, egg, water, oil, poppy seeds and lemon peel just until blended. Fold in blueberries. Spread into two greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 2 mini loaves (5 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 293 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC