Poppy Seed Biscuits Recipe
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a blender, combine the milk, honey and cottage cheese. Cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and poppy seeds. Stir in cottage cheese mixture just until blended.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
One biscuit ((prepared with fat-free milk, reduced-fat cottage cheese and reduced-fat biscuit/ baking mix) equals 119 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.