Poppy Seed Biscuits
In her Emerald Park, Saskatchewan home, Diane Molberg uses convenient baking mix to stir up these pleasant-tasting biscuits. "The subtly sweet seeded treats are a good accompaniment to soup or a main-dish salad," she notes.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2-1/4 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the milk, honey and cottage cheese. Cover and
- process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and poppy
- seeds. Stir in cottage cheese mixture just until blended.
- Turn onto a floured surface; pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a
- 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes
- or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire
- rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One biscuit ((prepared with fat-free milk, reduced-fat cottage cheese and reduced-fat biscuit/ baking mix) equals 119 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.