Poppy Seed Biscuits Recipe
In her Emerald Park, Saskatchewan home, Diane Molberg uses convenient baking mix to stir up these pleasant-tasting biscuits. "The subtly sweet seeded treats are a good accompaniment to soup or a main-dish salad," she notes.
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a blender, combine the milk, honey and cottage cheese. Cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and poppy seeds. Stir in cottage cheese mixture just until blended.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 119 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC