- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and poppy seeds.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Poppy Seed Banana Muffins
Sort By :
"Sort of bland tasting, could use another banana, maybe a little more sugar or something else. Nice size using a muffin scoop to fill. Made 11."
"The texture of poppy seeds is good! Nice change for a banana muffin"
"Very tasty! I doubled the recipe - worked well- and added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. vanilla and 3/4 c. dried cranberries. [Just flavours I like!] Always need good recipes for "overdue" bananas! Thanks Gloria."