Poppin' Cheese Dip Recipe
I love jalapeno pepper and created this dip to showcase them. It makes a lot and is affordable so it is a perfect choice when you're feeding a crowd.—Julie Roush, Woodstock, Illinois
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic salt until blended; set aside. Drain peppers and discard juice. Cut peppers lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired; finely chop peppers. Stir into cheese mixture. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoon: 118 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Poppin' Cheese Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC