Poppin' Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic salt until blended; set aside. Drain peppers and discard juice. Cut peppers lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired; finely chop peppers. Stir into cheese mixture. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
To Make Ahead: Cheese mixture can be prepared a day in advance; cover and refrigerate. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture just before baking.
2 tablespoons: 118 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.