Poppin' Cheese Dip
I love jalapeno pepper and created this dip to showcase them. It makes a lot and is affordable so it is a perfect choice when you're feeding a crowd.Julie Roush, Woodstock, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic
- salt until blended; set aside. Drain peppers and discard juice. Cut
- peppers lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired;
- finely chop peppers. Stir into cheese mixture. Spread into a 9-in.
- pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly
- browned. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
To Make Ahead: Cheese mixture can be prepared a day in advance; cover and refrigerate. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture just before baking.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without chips) equals 118 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.