I love jalapeno pepper and created this dip to showcase them. It makes a lot and is affordable so it is a perfect choice when you're feeding a crowd.—Julie Roush, Woodstock, Illinois
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and garlic salt until blended; set aside. Drain peppers and discard juice. Cut peppers lengthwise; open and lay flat. Remove seeds if desired; finely chop peppers. Stir into cheese mixture. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Poppin' Cheese Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p18
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Poppin' Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review