A popular restaurant was noted for the giant popovers they served with their meals. I decided to do the same for special birthdays and other occasions. These popovers soon became family favorites, and they've been one of my specialties for 40 years. —Emma Magielda, Amsterdam, New York
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat all ingredients just until smooth. Pour into four
- greased muffin cups. Fill the remaining muffin cups two thirds full
- with water.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° (do not open
- door). Bake 20 minutes longer or until deep golden brown (do not
- underbake). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 188 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.