Popovers for Two
THIS RECIPE has been handed down through my family, and I've had it for almost 50 years.
My husband and I especially like these popovers for a late breakfast or brunch, but they're great with soup or salad. Simply served with butter and honey, they're delicious anytime.
-Alpha Wilson, Roswell, New Mexico
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning, optional
- Let milk and egg stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Combine
- all ingredients in a bowl; beat just until smooth. Pour into four
- greased 6-oz. custard cups; place on a baking sheet. Bake at
- 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° (do not open
- door). Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until popovers are deep golden
- brown (do not under bake). Serve warm. Yield: 4 popovers.
Nutritional Facts: Two popovers (prepared with fat-free milk) equals 175 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.