Popover with Hot Turkey Salad Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- Tomato wedges, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Combine eggs and milk; whisk into the dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 10-in. glass pie plate. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 2. Immediately prick with a fork in the center to allow steam to escape. In a large saucepan, combine the next eight ingredients, cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- 3. Stir in potato chips. Spoon into popover. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 392 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Popover with Hot Turkey Salad
"I first made this as a teenager, and still crave it ten years later. Very tasty and a great way to use up leftover turkey!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.