Popover with Hot Turkey Salad Recipe
I first tasted this tempting hot turkey salad at a club dinner. Now I serve it at home, and there are never any leftovers. The popover "bowl" is a unique way of serving that always draws comments. -Mary Anne Mayberry, Fairmont, Minnesota
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- Tomato wedges, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Combine eggs and milk; whisk into the dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 10-in. glass pie plate. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 2. Immediately prick with a fork in the center to allow steam to escape. In a large saucepan, combine the next eight ingredients, cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- 3. Stir in potato chips. Spoon into popover. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 392 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Popover with Hot Turkey Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC