Popover with Hot Turkey Salad Recipe
I first tasted this tempting hot turkey salad at a club dinner. Now I serve it at home, and there are never any leftovers. The popover "bowl" is a unique way of serving that always draws comments. -Mary Anne Mayberry, Fairmont, Minnesota
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch onion powder
- 1-1/2 cups crushed potato chips
- Tomato wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Combine eggs and milk; whisk into the dry ingredients just until blended. Pour into a greased 10-in. glass pie plate. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately prick with a fork in the center to allow steam to escape. In a large saucepan, combine the next eight ingredients, cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- Stir in potato chips. Spoon into popover. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Popover with Hot Turkey Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Popover with Hot Turkey Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2010
I first made this as a teenager, and still crave it ten years later. Very tasty and a great way to use up leftover turkey!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >