This recipe is a family favorite that I created - and named! - myself. The spinach packs it with a real "Popeye punch", and the other vegetables combined with the ground beef make it a hearty meal.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, onions, celery, red
- pepper, garlic salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add
- eggs; cook and stir just until the eggs are set. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 218 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.