- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- In a large skillet, cook beef and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, onions, celery, red pepper, garlic salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add eggs; cook and stir just until the eggs are set. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Popeye Special
"Made this with a roll of Jimmy Dean regular sausage since I was out of ground beef and it was prettty good. I left out the garlic salt because the sausage is salty enough and well seasoned with other spices. Next time I might try the hot sausage variety for a little more kick. Thanks for a tasty low carb recipe. My son said he thought it would be better with some cubed, frozen hash browns mixed it. But, that wouldn't make it low carb anymore."
"Fixed this for brunch this morning and hubby and I liked it very much. We did add some red pepper flakes, since we like dishes more spicy. Thanks for the recipe."