- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add spinach and beef; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. turn and broil 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Popeye's Favorite Meatballs in Country Woman September/October 1999, p36
Reviews for Popeye's Favorite Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review