Popeye would approve of this spinach-rich side dish. A nice break from plain corn, it gets a kick from a bit of pepper sauce.Stacey Christensen, West Valley City, UT
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2 qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes. Stir; cook 2-3 minutes
- longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.