We always had popcorn balls at Christmastime when I was growing up. A couple years ago, my mother gave me this recipe for an updated version.—Vicki Theis, Shakoppe, Minnesota
108 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the marshmallows,
- butter and oil until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn, M&M's and peanuts. Pour
- marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix well. Press into two
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans. Let stand for 2 hours or until set. Cut
- into bars and remove from pans. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 9 dozen.