Popcorn Snacks Recipe
We always had popcorn balls at Christmastime when I was growing up. A couple years ago, my mother gave me this recipe for an updated version.—Vicki Theis, Shakoppe, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing YIELD:108 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- 1 jar (16 ounces) dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the marshmallows, butter and oil until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and salt.
- 2. In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn, M&M's and peanuts. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn and mix well. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans. Let stand for 2 hours or until set. Cut into bars and remove from pans. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC