Popcorn Snack Mix
"This snack mix has an irresistible bold, spicy taste," assures field editor Heidi Harrington of Steuben, Maine.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 2-1/3 cups salted peanuts
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups miniature cheese crackers
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon each curry powder, garlic powder and onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon steak sauce
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, peanuts, pretzels and crackers.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over popcorn mixture; toss to
- coat. Place in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour; stir every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Editor's Note: 1/2 cup of unpopped kernels equals about 4 cups popped popcorn.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 258 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.