Popcorn Salad Recipe
"I make this unique change-of-pace salad all the time," tells Rebecca Page of Franklin, New Hampshire.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, 1 cup cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives; mix well. Add popcorn; stir to coat. Spoon into a lettuce-lined bowl. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC