Popcorn Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, 1 cup cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives; mix well. Add popcorn; stir to coat. Spoon into a lettuce-lined bowl. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Editor's Note: 1/2 cup of unpopped kernels equals about 4 cups popped popcorn.
1 each: 205 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Popcorn Salad
"Like my adult son said ... "This is weird, but it works." And it does. The salad has a nice texture that isn't dry like you might imagine, and the flavor is good. This recipe is a keeper."