VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery, 1 cup cheese, water chestnuts, 1/2 cup bacon, carrots and chives; mix well. Add popcorn; stir to coat. Spoon into a lettuce-lined bowl. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Popcorn Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p53
Reviews forPopcorn Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2017
"Like my adult son said ... "This is weird, but it works." And it does. The salad has a nice texture that isn't dry like you might imagine, and the flavor is good. This recipe is a keeper."