Popcorn Nut Treat
You need five ingredients to make this special snack mix featuring popcorn, cereal and nuts. The pairing of salty nuts and sweet honey is delicious.
20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 3 cups Wheat or Rice Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) salted mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, cereal and nuts. In a
- microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and honey until butter is melted;
- stir until smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake
- at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until popcorn is golden brown,
- stirring every 5 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Yield: about
- 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 200 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.