Ruth Peterson, a field editor from Jenison, Michigan, says her pumpkin treats are always a big hit in the fall. “Everyone makes popcorn balls at Christmastime, but it’s really fun to make them for other occasions, too. They are so cute!”
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 12 green Dots candies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- Green Fruit by the Foot fruit roll
- Black shoestring licorice
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat
- butter and marshmallows on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until
- melted; stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Pour over popcorn
- and toss to coat.
- With lightly buttered hands, quickly shape mixture into twelve 3-in.
- balls, flattening one side slightly. For each stem, insert a green
- Dots candy at the top of pumpkin, attaching with marshmallow creme.
- Decorate jack-o'-lantern faces as desired with fruit roll and
- licorice, attaching with marshmallow creme if necessary. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.