Popcorn Jack-o'-Lanterns Recipe
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 12 green Dots candies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- Green Fruit by the Foot fruit roll
- Black shoestring licorice
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter and marshmallows on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted; stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- With lightly buttered hands, quickly shape mixture into twelve 3-in. balls, flattening one side slightly. For each stem, insert a green Dots candy at the top of pumpkin, attaching with marshmallow creme. Decorate jack-o'-lantern faces as desired with fruit roll and licorice, attaching with marshmallow creme if necessary. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Popcorn Jack-o'-Lanterns(2)
Sort By :
I think the reason that last person found this to be too sweet was because they used Rice Krispies instead of popcorn - which is sweetened cereal. I make this recipe regularly, not usually as the jack-o-lanterns, but as popcorn balls, varying the flavors of jello I use. I've made them into apples too.
They are delicious!
I made this with rice crispies instead of popcorn. Super sweet and tastes much like orange gelatin. Too sweet for my tastes.