It's so much fun to surprise people with the crushed popcorn in these yummy cookies. They're definitely a distinctive cookie on the holiday tray.Leigh Anne Preston, Palmyra, Indiana
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups popped popcorn, lightly crushed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the popcorn, chocolate
- chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 13-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 119 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.