- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 2 cups popped popcorn, lightly crushed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in popcorn, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 13-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forPopcorn Cookies
"These were yummy! So easy to make and a bit hit."
"Hello,What I did was after making the whole batch, I put it in the fridge for 15 min. I thought it would be easier to work with since it was a bit runny. Hope it helps..."
"Fun to make and eat; very delicious! Was a big hit!"
"I followed the recipe exactly, and my cookies came out flat on the pan! They all ran together and it was horrible! What did I do wrong?"
"I made these for a get-together at work and everyone LOVED them! I used no fat, low salt popcorn and only baked them for about 12 minutes so they weren't so crisp. They turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!"
"I bake alot and my family rate cookies on a 1 to 10 scale. Everyone gave these an 8 to 8 1/2. their tough critics. the cookies were very crispy and I used extra butter microwave popcorn which gave them an extra buttery taste. Be sure to form teaspoons into rounds or you can get some odd shaped cookies.These were different and yummy!"