- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups popped popcorn, lightly crushed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the popcorn, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Popcorn Cookies
"These were yummy! So easy to make and a bit hit."
"Hello,What I did was after making the whole batch, I put it in the fridge for 15 min. I thought it would be easier to work with since it was a bit runny. Hope it helps..."
"Fun to make and eat; very delicious! Was a big hit!"
"I followed the recipe exactly, and my cookies came out flat on the pan! They all ran together and it was horrible! What did I do wrong?"
"I made these for a get-together at work and everyone LOVED them! I used no fat, low salt popcorn and only baked them for about 12 minutes so they weren't so crisp. They turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!"
"Made nice, thick cookies. Definitely a crisp cookie, not soft and chewy. Maybe a touch of baking powder if you want to soften them a bit? Used plain, unbuttered air popped popcorn and they turned out great. One or two are very filling. Very nice variation on chocolate chip cookies."
"I bake alot and my family rate cookies on a 1 to 10 scale. Everyone gave these an 8 to 8 1/2. their tough critics. the cookies were very crispy and I used extra butter microwave popcorn which gave them an extra buttery taste. Be sure to form teaspoons into rounds or you can get some odd shaped cookies.These were different and yummy!"