Popcorn Christmas Trees
The kids in my family like these popcorn trees instead of traditional popcorn balls. You can substitute red-hot candies for the M&M's if you like.
—Nicole Clayton, Las Vegas, Nevada
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 to 12 drops green food coloring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons M&M's minis
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over
- medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring
- occasionally. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir
- in peanut butter and food coloring until blended. Pour over popcorn
- and stir to coat.
- With wet hands, shape mixture by 3/4 cupfuls into evergreen tree
- shapes. While warm, press a few M&M's into each tree. Place on a
- greased baking sheet; let stand until firm, about 30 minutes. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.