Popcorn Christmas Trees Recipe
The kids in my family like these popcorn trees instead of traditional popcorn balls. You can substitute red-hot candies for the M&M's if you like. —Nicole Clayton, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 to 12 drops green food coloring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons M&M's minis
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and food coloring until blended. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- 2. With wet hands, shape mixture by 3/4 cupfuls into evergreen tree shapes. While warm, press a few M&M's into each tree. Place on a greased baking sheet; let stand until firm, about 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 213 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Popcorn Christmas Trees
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC