The kids in my family like these popcorn trees instead of traditional popcorn balls. You can substitute red-hot candies for the M&M's if you like. —Nicole Clayton, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 to 12 drops green food coloring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons M&M's minis
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and food coloring until blended. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- With wet hands, shape mixture by 3/4 cupfuls into evergreen tree shapes. While warm, press a few M&M's into each tree. Place on a greased baking sheet; let stand until firm, about 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Popcorn Christmas Trees in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p121
Reviews for Popcorn Christmas Trees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review