Popcorn Chicken Salad
Here’s a refreshing salad that’s great for lunches at work from Teresa Wilkins-Reckard in Monroe, Indiana. "I can mix up the dressing at home, then pick up enough salad ingredients at the store to last for several days," she notes. "My family and friends like it, too. And variations are easy to make.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup frozen popcorn chicken
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2-1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- Bake chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, for
- dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, honey, vinegar,
- mustard and oil until smooth.
- Divide lettuce between two plates; top with the peas, bean sprouts,
- oranges, chicken and noodles. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.