Popcorn Chicken Salad Recipe
Here’s a refreshing salad that’s great for lunches at work from Teresa Wilkins-Reckard in Monroe, Indiana. "I can mix up the dressing at home, then pick up enough salad ingredients at the store to last for several days," she notes. "My family and friends like it, too. And variations are easy to make.” —
- 1 cup frozen popcorn chicken
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2-1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- Bake chicken according to package directions. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, mustard and oil until smooth.
- Divide lettuce between two plates; top with the peas, bean sprouts, oranges, chicken and noodles. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Popcorn Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Popcorn Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review