Popcorn Caramel Crunch Recipe
I live in popcorn country, and there's even a town nearby that has a "Popcorn Days" celebration. This is a good snack and also good for entertaining during the holidays, especially because it can be made ahead of time.
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large greased bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts, noodles and raisins; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft-crack stage (270°-290°) with a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat. Stir in cinnamon.
- 3. Pour over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated. Immediately pour onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan.
- 4. When cool enough to handle, break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 8 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 496 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Popcorn Caramel Crunch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC