Popcorn Balls Recipe
Field editor Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana writes, "These sweet chewy snacks are made from one of our state's most popular cropspopcorn! This version has a nice caramel color and flavor."
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, corn syrup, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue cooking, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 270° (soft-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn; stir to coat. When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into balls. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Popcorn Balls in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p63
Reviews for Popcorn Balls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Popcorn Recipes >
- Snack Mix >
- Super Bowl Party Appetizers >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Super Bowl Snacks >