Popcorn & Pretzel Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 4 cups miniature pretzels, crushed
- 2 cups air-popped popcorn, crushed
- Cooking spray
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, preserves and mustard; refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large shallow dish, combine crushed pretzels and popcorn. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Dip both sides of chicken in pretzel mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings (1 cup sauce).
1 serving with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 296 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.