Pop Fly Popcorn Recipe
Pecans and almonds add nutty goodness to this crisp chewy mix. The way this tasty treat attracts snackers, you may need an umpire for the bowl.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + drying YIELD:10-12 servings
- 10 to 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat; add vanilla, cream of tartar and baking soda. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets; let dry for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 420 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC