Pop Fly Popcorn
Pecans and almonds add nutty goodness to this crisp chewy mix. The way this tasty treat attracts snackers, you may need an umpire for the bowl.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + drying
- 10 to 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts; set aside. In a large
- saucepan, bring sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 5
- minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; add vanilla, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Drizzle over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Immediately spread onto
- two greased baking sheets; let dry for about 1 hour. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 420 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.