- 10 to 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; add vanilla, cream of tartar and baking soda. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets; let dry for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Pop Fly Popcorn
Sort By :
"There is something wrong with this recipe. There is way too much "juice" for the amount of popcorn & nuts and it turns out totally soggy. I am thinking it should be baked after spreading on pans? Or possibly the butter mixture cooked longer, so it's hard crack stage? That would still be an awful lot of "stuff" for the dry ingredients.If you want to try this, please not when you are planning to feed to company or give as gifts."
"This is an excellent treat to have around during the holidays"