Pecans and almonds add nutty goodness to this crisp chewy mix. The way this tasty treat attracts snackers, you may need an umpire for the bowl.
- 10 to 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; add vanilla, cream of tartar and baking soda. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets; let dry for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Pop Fly Popcorn in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p13
Reviews for Pop Fly Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review