Poor Man's Steak Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds ground beef
- All-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine water, cracker crumbs and salt; add beef and mix well. Press into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan lined with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Cut the meat into 12 squares. Coat each square lightly with flour. In a large skillet, cook over medium heat in oil, a few pieces at a time, until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear; drain.
- 3. Remove waxed paper from the baking pan; spread the soup in bottom of pan. Place meat squares in a single layer over soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through; Spoon some soup over each meat square. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Poor Man's Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.