Poor Man's Potato Salad
As a young college student, I was usually pretty broke...but that didn't stop me from eating well! My dear grandmother taught me this simple recipe because it was easy to prepare and the ingredients didn't cost much. These days my budget doesn't have to stretch quite so far, but I still keep the recipe in my files. Poor Man's Potato Salad serves two nicely, and complements many meals.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole potatoes, drained and cubed
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes and egg; set aside. In another
- bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, mustard, parsley, salt and pepper;
- stir into potato mixture. Chill. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 297 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 1,290 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.