Poor Man's Pecan Pie Recipe
THIS IS a recipe my mother-in-law shared with me several years ago. It's easy to make, and most of the ingredients are in everybody's cupboard. And it does really taste like pecan pie. We have it quite often, but it's tradition to have this pie on the menu during the holidays. -Fay Harrington, Seneca, Missouri
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and toasted coconut, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 339 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Poor Man's Pecan Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC