Poor Man's Pecan Pie Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and toasted coconut, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 339 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Poor Man's Pecan Pie
"Family raved about this pie, will make it again soon"