Poor Man's Pecan Pie Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping and toasted coconut, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 339 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Poor Man's Pecan Pie
"Family raved about this pie, will make it again soon"