Poor Man's Dinner
Don't let the name fool youthis dish guarantees "million-dollar taste" with just a few ingredients!Mila Abner, Vada, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Season with pepper and garlic powder. Layer the beef,
- potatoes and onion slices in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Combine
- soup and milk; pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until potatoes are
- tender. Garnish with parsley.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 410 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.